Air Navigation Pro
Air Navigation is a real-time aircraft navigation iPhone application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the iPhone it can emulate different type of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map. Using the flight recorder, you can store your flight path and altitude and display it in Google Earth.
It contains a database of basically most navaids and airfields in the world (more than 54000 waypoints). The database is embedded and you can use it offline without an Internet connexion.
Track, course, bearings can be displayed as magnetic or true
The waypoint editor allows you to add your own custom airfields, navaids or waypoints to the database.
Flight and block time are detected automatically together with departure and arrival airport and stored in the logbook. Flight log is fully editable and can also be used manually.
– Moving map displaying navigation waypoints and airfields. Zoom in and out or pan using fingers. Airfield are displayed with direction of main runway.
– Downloadable, free of charge, map terrain feature (Water, roads, cities) for the whole world.
– Downloadable as in-app purchase US Sectional charts and european ICAO maps (Germany and Netherland, more to come)
– Contains airspaces information (A to F, CTR, danger, prohibited, etc) for Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Slovenia, South_Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA, New-Zealand
– Navigation plan editor with wind correction (display a vector on the map) with EET, dist, bearing of next waypoint
– Direct to waypoint (display a vector on the map) with EET, distance, bearing
– Instruments: HSI, VOR, ADF, Compass, Altimeter, groundspeed, slipball. (Instrument requiring a compass information works only when moving). Instruments can be set to any waypoint from the database including airfields, NDB’s, your custom waypoints, etc.
– An embedded worldwide database with more than 54000 navigation waypoints and airfields. Database includes frequencies for naiads, frequencies and runways for most airfields.
– A magnetic declination database. Track, course, bearings can be set as magnetic or true
– A waypoint editor to enter your custom navigation points, airfields, navaids, fix and related information
– An embedded web server to import/export various data such as waypoints, flights, airspaces, navigation plans
– Customizable cockpit
– Customizable speed & distance units